<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Well this morning was a complete waste, I ran around before my Irish texts class trying to find references to the Chronicle of Ireland when it was sitting in the front of a book I had already read a while ago. Then I went to starbucks up the quartermile a bit and across the street. When I got back people started to arrive for the Irish Texts class. We sat around talking for a while when the Celtic secretary came in and said, "Didn't you notice the sign about the class being cancelled?" We had all come in a side door from the Celtic Library so none of us saw the sign. Anyway, the teacher is stuck in Inverness for some reason. Anyway, I did some more running around about the reference then went to writing class. That went alright but since there are two instructors and one of them is the one for Irish Texts, it was hard for the other to answer all of our questions.

I then went to the store to get some food. I forgot the laundry detergent again. Oh well. I will get it tomorrow. I ran into Even who wanted to give me a book that I wanted to read (on top of everything else). He came over and we talked for about an hour (and I wanted to get back to work right away!). I ended up talking to my roommate as well for another hour. I then took a 45 min nap. However I did finish reading a book today.

I sat down to write and I got this sinking feeling. I just have this sense of dread since it seems that everything has already been said about the annals and the law. There is no systematic treatment of all of them together but a diligent reader can just peruse the books on the period and see them there. Anyway, I think I will just do a systematic treatment basically rehashing everything all in one place. I might have a few new things to say but not really. I just feel like all these great scholars are just so much better than I am that I get paralyzed when I think about writing. It is awful. I have already wasted a week on the beginning of the writing and I had to go back to insert more information into my evidence files to make sure that everything was good and I had all the information. I have been at it for an hour and a half. I feel like I am completely wasting my time here and that nothing I have to say will have any impact on my discipline or even be publishable.

Anyway, I have more work to do.


posted by Chris  #10:08 PM | 0 comments |