<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Well, today has been more productive. However, I got up late again today. I am going to try to get up earlier tomorrow. Anyway, I went down to the library to read some articles and I picked up a couple of books that I have been wanting to read. I came home then wrote another 500 words into my 6000 word essay. I have about 1000 words now so I am a 6th done. I have to turn it in on the 12th of January so I am a bit ahead of the game but disaster might strike and I may end up having to start all over again.

After that, I had dinner with two American friends in the Scottish Ethnology department. We were going to watch the original matrix but we could not get our hands on it. It seems that blockbuster here does not have the "we will always have it" policy that they have in the US. Anyway, Nan made lamb soup and Scott brought drinks. We sat around and talked about how we are dealing with our supervisors or lack thereof. It was an interesting conversation. Although, it seemed that Scott was not exactly forthcoming with his feelings. He seemed to deflect the questions when they came around to him. Oh well. To each, his own. I just have this fear of ultimate failure. I always feel that my writing stinks and that it will never be good enough to publish, which is a requirement for my MSc degree. My supervisors are so busy that they take a while to get my papers back to me. Although, I got a great response from one on my last paper. I hope that I get a similar response this time.

In any case, I have to write the bibliography for my literary review. So I will get started on that.


posted by Chris  #9:28 PM | 0 comments |