<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Well I didn't mean to be posting so late. Also I didn't know that we were going to have a large troop of girls in our common room to cook us dinner. Let me back up before I start talking about that. I had a meeting with my supervisor and it went very well. He even insinuated that I may return for a PhD in my subject, which was very promising. He also warned me about working to hard and writing too far over the MSc limit of 15,000 words. He said that noone would want anything over 20,000.

After that, I came home to chat on IM for a while. I have not done that in a long time. It was nice. When I went out to fix something to eat, two beautiful women were already there and one was drunk. Anyway, it was very good. Then I had a long conversation with my Japanese roommate and his friend while others buggered off to watch television before heading to Cabaret Voltaire, which was having funk music night. There was some interesting things and people to see. I didn't have to pay for drinks. Everyone else bought them for me. I have a theory that a man could walk the length and breadth of Scotland without ever paying for a drink and those that did pay would be paid back a thousand fold. Anyway, my Japanese roommate became drunk so I had to walk him home. When we got home, we decided to have something to eat before retiring to bed. I cooked some curry with chicken. We had some more interesting discussion about philosophy and the ultimate philosophical question, "why are we here?"

In any case, I will now turn in. I have some more work to do on my lit review and I wasted a precious day with nothing.


posted by Chris  #2:57 AM | 0 comments |