<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

Well, today was interesting. I got to see the fish halls for the first time. It was quiet a walk down there. No wonder I never see undergrads except in George Square. Anyway, before that I did 3 hours of Old Irish in the Celtic Library. I could not resist the siren song of starbucks so I got a mocha with the huge amount of change I keep in my drawer. You know it would be really useful here if they had a quarter like back at home. Everything because there is no sales tax is exactly what they say it is and most of the time it is in quarters of a pound.

Then I had lunch at Doctor's as usual but people did not hang around too much. It is getting to the end of the term and everyone is under much pressure except for me since I did not put things off and I don't really have a life.

After that I came home to do some reading then I made some rice with cooked in ham that was left over from the breakfast on Sunday. Then I did some more reading. I am still waiting to hear back from my supervisor on two of my essays. I am getting rather nervous because the end of term is on the 12th of this month. I don't want to prod him too much but at the same time I don't want him to forget about me either. In any case, at least I am not under huge amounts of pressure like other students. Poor Scott keeps having problems with is computer. It is now basically dead. I wish there was more that I could do for him but it is a physical problem not a software one.

It rained part of the day but it was no worse than in Seattle. Well, I am off to read more Irish Penitentials.


posted by Chris  #11:55 PM | 0 comments |