<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 31, 2004

I went to my meeting today. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. We talked about my next paper which is going to be the meat of my dissertation. I was told that my grade on my 6000 word paper was nearly academic or not useful. My secondary supervisor said that he did not understand the formula they used to calculate my grade but not to worry about it. I wanted to discuss my prospects for a Ph. D. but they demurred on the subject until my next paper is in but my paper is not due until the 16th of April and the application is due on the 31st of March so they decided to punt on it until another meeting. I wanted to get some "you're doing well" kind of comments but I could not seem to get them to commit to saying anything, which is disheartening but I cannot count on that anymore. My secondary supervisor told me that I was about the same place as all his other North American students, which is good I guess but I expected more out of myself.

Anyway, after that meeting, I came home to do some reading but I ended up taking a nap. I ran into Takeshi-san and I asked if he wanted to go to Sandy Bell's so we did. We had a really good time. We ran into Axel (a member of the Celtic Studies department) and we had a great conversation with an older couple from Northern Ireland. I had a few too many which I have not done in quiet a while. In any case, I am going to go to bed and try to make sense of the meeting tomorrow.


posted by Chris  #1:03 AM | 0 comments |