<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Sorry about the late post again. I "did" the castle today. A fairly interesting place. They also have the crown jewels of Scotland on display along with the Stone of Scone (aka The stone of Destiny), which was originally taken from Ireland. I always thought the stone would be more impressive (I guess I have read too many Irish sagas). The sword and rod were beautiful. The rod had a very large crystal set at the top of it. The sword was a bit damaged; the pomel had a hole in it. Otherwise, it was a great visit.

The rest of the day was put to napping or being drug around for Chinese New Year by the Chinese residents. The food was great and best of all it was free. I did get to read a book that I wanted to read for a while. I had to get it inter-library loan from Glasgow University. The "book" ended up being an essay bound as a book. It should have been in Peritia or Ériu as an article. I am still wondering why on earth he published a 39 page essay as a book.

In any case, I have a full day of making notes and scribbling about Irish law ahead. I bid you all a good night.


posted by Chris  #1:22 AM | 0 comments |