<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I have just had one of the most aggravating mornings in a while. I was helping my friend with her taxes and she needed to pay. So we figured that we would just go down to her bank this morning and they would get her a foreign bank draft in US Dollars to pay it off. Well, after trying to get them to understand what the heck we wanted. We were told that it would take 5 days to get one. When I needed one at my 4-6 person branch at home, it took less than 5 minutes to have one printed up and signed by the manager. I cannot believe that it would take them 5 days to get one. I would be that if she has a million pounds that she would have one in less than five days.

Otherwise, it has been a slow day today. I am just finishing up my paper and trying to figure out what my vacation is going to look like. My Japanese room mate is having a party on Saturday night and his ex-girlfriend is coming up from London. That is going to be an interesting situation. Japanese are usually too polite to fight or have an altercation so it might be a strained night of hard looks. Well, we will see about that. Anyway, I am off.


posted by Chris  #3:12 PM | 0 comments |