<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 24, 2004

Not much has been going on since I returned from Iona. I have started writing on my dissertation. I am getting things arranged for my Kilkenny trip. I will be there from the 24th of June to the 26th of June. It is actually a large conference for Medieval Irish standards. They used to have it over in Maynooth but they moved it to Kilkenny because it has more medieval foundations than Maynooth. Also, Mathnooth is the site of a major battle that they Irish lost to the English.

I am trying to get my PhD proposal done by the end of the month. One of the people writing a reference wants me to rewrite the entire thing based on these forms in a book. I am not exactly happy especially since the other reference writer says to make a few more changes on the first one then turn it in. I wish they would just let it go. I want to get this out of the way so I can focus on my dissertation which is due on the first of September. I know that is three months away but I like to have plenty of time to get it done. I will probably forward it on when I am finished so you can have a look at what it is going to be.

The weather has been really nice lately. It stays light now until 10:00 pm. You can still play basketball at 9:30pm. Even at midnight you can still see the light of the sun on the horizon. I heard it gets worse than this. At home, 9:30 and it is dark even at the height of summer. Well, just one of those things you have to get used to around here.


posted by Chris  #12:00 PM | 0 comments |