<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Well, I just lost $300 today. When I was preparing to come here, I made roundtrip ticket. Since they could not make a ticket for more than a year in advance so I made one for the next June. I got here then promptly forgot about my ticket. Every once in a while I would think but I put it off. June just seemed so far away. Well, I pulled it out thinking I could change the departure date. Behold! It was for Monday, which means that I cannot move the date because it is less than 24 hours before the flight. So I am now out $300. I was rather angry at myself. Then I thought, well someone is going to keep their job because I did this. That made me feel a bit better but still I hate throwing away that kind of cash.

I am thinking about not flying into the US in September. Rather I will fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh airport to Vancouver, BC then take a bus down to Everett. That way I can avoid any terrorists who decide that they want to recreate their glorious victory over the US. I will have to figure it out. I hope that I can get my stuff arranged before I leave so I do not get stuck at the airport and have to prove that I can enter the country. I have been told that it is much easier to enter by Edinburgh or Glasgow since they see fewer people and are generally nicer.

Anyway, things are going well. The birthday party was fun and few people showed which was good.


posted by Chris  #3:23 PM | 0 comments |