<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Well, I went to a BBQ yesterday with a bunch of postgrads. When my friend and I arrived, the fire was still mostly dead and a bunch of people were standing around looking at it. It was very funny. Some of the most educated people in Europe were standing around a dead fire and had no clue how to get the fire started. I began wondering what would happen if we were all stuck on an island. The phrase "Where's the take out?" came to mind. My friend has much experience dealing with these sorts of things so I let her sort it out while I unloaded our food. After about 15 minutes, the fire was going nicely and everyone was getting their food cooked.

We had a good time then a bunch of us decided to walk home at 12:30 am. It was much less scary doing it with people than having to do it alone. We ran into a few weaving people. One nearly fell into the hedge just after passing us. Another well dressed woman nearly fell into the street. It was an interesting walk home.

I just talked to my parents friends in England. I will be going down there for the 3rd to the 5th of July. I need to get the train stuff worked out. It should be fun.


posted by Chris  #7:15 PM | 0 comments |