<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

I finally booked my flight home in September. Those who need to know will get an email from me in the near future with all the details attached. I am a bit excited by going home but at the same time I am dreading it. I know it is going to be a harsh landing especally with all the politics going on in the US, which I do not agree with. I think it is mostly the people who scream the cry of freedom yet deny that freedom to those they do not agree with. This can be done in one of two ways. First, they go for the ad hominem attacks or they scream louder than the quiet voice of reason, usually with an empty slogan of freedom or something like that (I have also seen this on a personal level with a friend's fiancee who, when faced with truth and facts, will just scream louder rather than trying to engage those facts). It will only become worse as the election nears.

Right now however I have a dissertation to write.


posted by Chris  #1:10 PM | 0 comments |