<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Thanksgiving in the US is just around the corner so I thought that I would give some of my experience with this holiday from my perspective in Scotland. First of all, there is no thanksgiving here (I am sure you all knew that but I just wanted to make sure). Thus there are no cultural indicators of the holiday. It is interesting to reflect that my neglect of this holiday is in no way connected to any bad feelings associated with it, I merely forgot about it because no one was talking about it nor was it in the relevant local media. With none of the pressures or indicators from my local culture, it completely slipped my mind. I wonder what it is like for someone from Scotland to move to the US where they receive these messages? Do they begin to accept them or do they reject them? I guess it would have to do with how much they identified with US society or culture.

Wow. That is remarkably sensible since I have taken medication for a sinus headache. I hope it goes away soon.


posted by Chris  #10:49 PM | 0 comments |