<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I have shrunk! I had to take measurements to get my robes for graduation. They wanted my height. I said that I was 5'5" (165.1 centimeters) but my roommate wanted me to get a new measurement taken. Well I ended up at 5'4" (162.56 centimeters). Well, there goes the "tall, dark, and handsome" (average height for an American male is 5'8" (172.72 centimeters) while for a female 5'5" (165.1 centimeters)). The only problem that I have is that I have to give back my robes, since I rented them rather than bought them, two hours after the ceremony. I thought that was a bit harsh. I had to pay ten more pounds if I wanted to keep it for a week. If I had wanted to buy them, I would have to pay 363 pounds (or $679.32 USD or 69,324 Japanese Yen). I think I am going to wait until I get back home to buy my robes once I have my PhD.


posted by Chris  #11:21 PM | 0 comments |