<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 17, 2005

Today, I would like to talk to you about Scottish toilets. You would think that American toilets and Scottish toilets were about the same but you would be wrong. When you flush an American toilet, it releases just the right amount of water to get the job done. In Scotland, on the other hand, when you flush the toilet, you release Scotland's miniature version of Niagara Falls. Now in England, in contrast to Scotland, you get barely a trickle and you are forced to flush and flush and flush until you have carpal tunnel syndrome. I am honestly embarrassed to flush Scottish toilets because everytime that I do, I have the feeling that I am somehow adding to Global Warming or some other environmental disaster. Also, American toilets are usually market "American Standard" while here in Scotland they are almost all "Armitage Shanks". So the other question I have is why do Scottish Toilets sound like literary characters? Does it have to do with Edinburgh being a World City of Literature so that even their toilets have something literary about them? I guess those are questions for the ages.


posted by Chris  #10:34 AM | 0 comments |