<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 05, 2005

I was doing a bit of research for doing an all online (through PDFs) Celtic Studies journal here at the University when I ran across a music service that I actually like. It is called Magnatune and they allow you to listen to entire albums of their artists for free. If you want to buy it, it is simple to download the music in different formats (I would recommend FLAC) and burn it to CD for yourself. Also, if you are interested in licensing the music for commercial purposes, since they use a Creative Commons license (see the button in the upper right of my blog, as well), you can incorporate it into your work while you are still putting the final touches on it and then license it once you sell it. They have also priced their music right. If you want to download the music, it is $5.00 and if you want an actual CD with cover art and all it is an extra $4.87 (I think that is it; you can check their web site for more detail). I am much more inclined to purchase it now since the price is so low. On top of all of that, half the license fees and purchases go back to the artist. Anyway, I thought you might want to see what they are up to.


posted by Chris  #3:07 PM | 0 comments |