<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 15, 2005

I received a nice notice today that my package from my mother with my supply of good coffee arrived so I went down to pick it up. I swear for being this close to Italy, Scotland has some pretty unpalatable coffee. First, there is instant coffee, which you will get most of the time if you actually go to someone's house. Avoid this stuff like a rutting moose. Second, there is Starbucks coffee. While good in a pinch, it has a very acidic aftertaste that I cannot stand. Third, there is Cafe Nero's coffee, which is like Starbuck's taste but does not have the acidic aftertaste. There are the organic coffees but they are honestly weak on taste and seem to be a bit watery. Although, there is the strong pull of not drinking piles of chemicals that attracts me. In the end, there is nothing like a good cup of Tully's Coffee. Tully's is smooth with a strong flavor that is just right. Although, Tully's has had some problems. I hope they expand to Scotland some day so I do not need my mother to send me quality coffee.


posted by Chris  #2:38 PM | 0 comments |