<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

I have a few things to talk about today so I will start with the least recent. I watched Doctor Who on Saturday. It was the return of the Daleks. It was a great episode set in a bunker in Utah. There are some problems that I have with this episode, however. They show Americans as torture happy, driven only by profit, over-confident, and gun maniacs. They torture both the Dalek and the Doctor. They want to patent the Doctor's two heart cardio-vascular system. They try to get the Dalek to talk to them by torturing it. Then they claim that they did it all in the name of getting to the stars.

I do not take very kindly to this. Now, you can say that this is one very deranged person with a set of deranged cronies. The problem is that this can be construed to strengthen the already bad feelings of the British people against Americans. I am not a torturer. I am not driven only by profit. I do listen to other people, especially when they know what they are doing. I have never owned a gun. I am not a monster.

With that out of my system, after the episode, we had a great time getting my friends' new TV working. It is a very nice set, which they got for a bargain. It has a DVD and a cassette player in it. Very nice. I would also like to thank my Scottish friends for putting up with me on their couch every Saturday at 7 pm. I really do appreciate you doing this for me.

The other thing I wanted to talk about was my walk yesterday in the Pentland Hills, which are south of Edinburgh. The day started dark but the weather reports said it would clear up later. Well, I got stuck in the pouring rain on the side of some rugged hills (I have pictures on my flickr account). My cell phone started acting crazy because I thought the pocket of my waterproof jacket was itself waterproof (it wasn't). Later, my camera started acting funny as well. I banged it against the table at the pub a couple of times and that got sorted.

Long story short, my legs hurt but my camera and my cell phone recovered.


posted by Chris  #10:35 AM | 0 comments |