<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I had the most singular experience. I watched a fist-fight and near riot outside my window. A group of about fifty or sixty, eighteen-nineteen year olds, were outside blocked traffic then some of them started a fist fight. Now, I would usually figure that this was a soccer riot but there were no one in soccer colors and there were many girls and they were all in high heels and dresses. They just did not look like a group of soccer hooligans.

I called 999. When I got someone on the phone, I told them what was going on. They said that they were just the operator and they need to know where I needed to be transferred. I told them the police and then we waited for twenty or thirty seconds until the police picked up. I told that person what was going on and she said, "oh dear" when I told her how many were involved. She then told me that they knew about the situation and had dispached officers. We waited another minute or two until the police arrived.

They nabbed two of the main fighters. More cops arrived and they started telling the group to "GO AWAY NOW". One guy tried to talk to the cops but they just kept walking towards him and backing him into a corner. Once he was there, the cop pointed to his left and to his right. Basically saying, "go this way or that way because I don't want to talk to you".

All in all, the police did a great job of getting the main antagonists and dispersing the crowd. Anyway, that was my excitement for the evening.


posted by Chris  #10:55 PM | 0 comments |