An update for all those playing "Celtic Scholar" at home. On top of books, there are academic journals on the subject, which one must make sure that one reads to remain current on the subject. Here is a list of them:
- Celtica, which is published by the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, School of Celtic Studies.
- Studia Celtica, which is published by the University of Wales.
- Journal of Celtic Linguistics, also by the University of Wales.
- Cambrian Medieval Celtic Studies
- Ériu, by the Royal Irish Academy.
- The Journal of Celtic Studies, which has just been revived this year.
As you can see, much of what is published in Celtic Studies is done in journals rather than in books. Although, there are many books published in the academic study of the Celts and their language just not like what comes out in journals.
posted by Chris #2:34 PM | 0 comments |