<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 03, 2005

The last few days have been hectic with the packing, the moving, and the trying to show my roommate a good time before she leaves. On the 30th, they had a street party on the Royal Mile for St. Andrew's Day, which the government is trying to make more of a public holiday. They had Dougie MacLean, a local musical legend, and the Peatbog Faeries, who rocked the house. The best thing was that both acts were free and they had free food. We had a great night.

Last night we had our Highland Society (the server seems to be down right now but that is the correct link) Christmas party, which is a tradition for companies and societies to take their employees/members out for a dinner. Then we went to "Am Bothan", which is a Scots Gaelic speaking night in Edinburgh. They had a two Mod gold medal winning Gaelic singer. He was a brilliant singer.

I am now mostly moved into my roommate's old room. I am quite happy with the way that the room has turned out. Anyway, I hope to get back to work soon. I am glad that I warned my Prof. that this was going to happen so he knows that I am a bit tied up right now.


posted by Chris  #5:04 PM | 0 comments |