<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I decided last night to go out to the pub with my flatmate. We went to a pub on the Royal Mile underneath the Bank Hotel. It is basically an old cellar that has been converted to a pub and has all this twisty windy vaulted passageways. Nice ambiance to it.

In any case, the place was pretty much dead. Just before we were about to leave for home though, a guy weaved up to our table and sat down next to my flatmate. He was obviously so drunk that he did not know what he was doing. He mumbled something about "checking out the scene" or something like that. My flatmate said that we were fine and he should go ahead. The drunk was not having any of that. So I gathered my coat and told him that we would go check out the scene. I gave a nod to my flatmate and we followed him down one of the halls. He stops in front of what seem to be his friends and completely ignores us at that point and so do his friends. I don't think they even saw us. So we drink up and left.

The poor guy probably just wanted someone to help him find his friends. People normally do not get that drunk and wander around with strangers. I am glad he found his friends even if he was a drunken wanker to us.


posted by Chris  #3:40 PM | 0 comments |