<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 01, 2006

I hope you all had a great New Year! The last couple of days have been kind of harried. My old flatmate's daughter's friends were arriving to spend the next few nights. This was set up before my flatmate left for the States. I met them yesterday morning then hung out with them for a while. It was nice to have an excuse to use the living room again. We took a nap in the afternoon so that we would be fresh for the evening.

Just after we awoke, my next door neighbor stopped by to invite us to a party at her flat. It was potluck so we went to the store and got some stuff to make. I finished making mine massively early so I had to keep it warm while waiting.

The street party started at 10pm so my visitors had to leave the party early. I stayed and we watched an episode of the Clangers, which was a kids show in 1969 by the BBC. One of the people there was so obsessed with them that he knitted his own Clanger. There are some things about people that you just do not want to know.

We watched the fireworks from her bedroom from which you have a perfect view of the castle. It was a very nice set as well. After that, I met my visitors near one of the gates into the official party. Once I met up with them, we started walking down the Royal Mile to catch a bus out for Firstfooting at a friend's house. While walking down the Royal Mile, I saw one guy and maybe two girls heaving their guts out in the closes off the Royal Mile.

This year they had a free night bus service to get people out of the city center. We caught the bus to my friend's place and firstfooted there. Her father is a piper so we were able to hear some great pipe tunes before she took him home for the night. After that, it was party time. I got drunk and so did everyone else.

I got home about 5 am but I did not get to sleep until 6:30. I slept in until about 1:30 after my friend's husband called because my visitors had left some stuff at her place. They were going to be in town so they would stop by. Interestingly enough, I had no hang over. I think I get worse hangovers from beer than hard liquor.

It is back to work time here in Edinburgh. Although officially, the public does not go back to work until Wednesday. I hope you all have a great and happy new year!


posted by Chris  #5:20 PM | 0 comments |