<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 06, 2006

I discovered a while back that my ex-flatmate had left a frozen whole chicken in the back of the freezer. I generally deal in chicken breasts that I buy from the grocery store. A frozen chicken was an entirely new form of cooking to me but I was determined to try it because I was sick and tired of the five dishes that I know how to make. Thus, I decided to roast said chicken in the oven.

Yes, I know what you are saying, "Chris OMGWTF? Are you crazy?" Yes, yes I am. So I went to the great Oracle (aka Google) to discover how exactly to roast a chicken. I found what I thought was an easy recipie, which mainly envolved giving the dead chicken a massage in vegitable oil (I think I should change careers) and sage then shoving it in the oven for an hour and a half.

Well, I have to say that this experiment came out a success. The bird is now cooked and partially eaten. Now I have to discover what one can do with a cold dead cooked chicken in their refrigerator.


posted by Chris  #11:37 PM | 0 comments |