<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 09, 2006

The World Cup of Football starts today in Germany. Miraculously, the USA qualified for the tournament. For all my Scottish friends, however, the question is who are you supporting for the World Cup since the last time Scotland qualified for the World Cup was in 1978 (please correct me if I am wrong). It seems that Scotland does not have much luck in international football (soccer).

So I am supporting the USA team, of course, but I am fully expecting our team to get mashed in the first round. Since I am sure that the tournament will not get covered in the States, I will keep you posted here as to our progress. Our first game is set for Monday and we will be playing against the Czech Republic, who are ranked second in the world behind Brazil by FIFA, the international football association. We are amazingly ranked fifth in the world. Oh, this is going to be a doozy of a game.


posted by Chris  #2:48 PM | 4 comments |