<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I went to a friend's house to watch a movie last night. She is in a similar field to myself and we started to discuss our job prospects after our PhDs. Well, she is definitely not happy with them. Although, she has found a position for six months. After that, she is unsure what is going to happen. We lamented the fact that there are no places for people like us in the university anymore and that when someone in our respective fields retires, they close the position to save the university money. In the States I have heard them taking a retiring full time position and splitting it into four adjunct positions.

Well, other than growing fears that I will be jobless when I finish this thing. I am falling a little behind my schedule. This is mostly due to technical difficulties of my flatmate and her essays which took up a bunch of my time this week. Her essays are in now but I am still trying to figure out what went wrong. It is a good thing that I put in slip time in my schedule.


posted by Chris  #10:16 AM | 1 comments |