Monday, May 07, 2007

Well, I just had a scholar's worst nightmare happen to me. I found another primary source text from the Book of Fermoy late in the writing process. The worst part of it is that it is only a transcription from a manuscript in an old journal rather than a full critical edition and translation of the text. Luckily, there are a couple of summaries but, of course, I have to do the translation myself because I cannot trust a summery. I wrote to my supervisor to see what he had to say about the situation but I might need to take off more time to complete a translation of the text so that I can include it in my PhD. Oh the fun!

posted by Chris  #2:23 PM | 0 comments |