<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 05, 2007

I went to a friend's 4th of July party last night. A bunch of us (mostly from the Anthropology Department) had a great time with Brits and Americans. We had an open pit BBQ where one of my vegetarian friends burnt her Veggie Kabab in seconds flat. Otherwise, we drank beer and completely avoided any work. We were going to have a recitation of the Declaration of Independence but, honestly, it was too much work.

It was the first proper 4th of July that I have had in quite a while. I had one down in England with friends of my family but other than that it is difficult to find 4th of July parties. Mostly because, like many other holidays here, it is just not on the social calendar. This means that one has no social que as to when a particular event is happening.

In any case, a good time was had by all.


posted by Chris  #6:00 PM | 0 comments |