<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I am sure many of you have heard about this from the Seattle PI. You should read it before moving on to what I have to say. Now, moving to a foreign country is a soul-opening experience. You are completely vulnerable as you have no clue what is going on when you touch ground in your new home. You can be taken advantage of in these circumstances. I am not defending what she may or may not have done but I can see her getting swept off her feet by an Italian man and getting in way over her head. Even I have been in some strange situations while in Edinburgh. I now have a support system of great friends and this now insulates me from being vulnerable like she might have been. When I went to Germany and Switzerland, I was lucky to have friends who were locals, had strong English, and I knew very well from Edinburgh.

I can only hope that the truth will come out and justice served. I feel very badly for both the victim, Meredith Kercher, who is from Coulsdon, South London and studied at the University of Leeds and Amanda Knox, who now faces a possible lengthy prison sentence.


posted by Chris  #8:32 PM | 0 comments |