<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Well, I decided to go to the Halloween parade in Edinburgh's Old Town last night with a couple of friends. It was fun with the weird and the freaky. They marched down from the Castle to Parliament Square which is just next to St. Giles cathedral where they had a stage set up and we had some fun watching the pagan version of a passion play with fire. It was fun except for the Christian protesters who had to be kill-joys. I was rather annoyed with them because honestly do you go to someone else's religious place/festival and protest them? No, it is silly. But they were there anyway. The nice thing is that the cops pretty much stuck with them and left the rest of us alone to watch the festivities in peace.

I ended up using the Duke of Buccleuch Statue to prop myself (because I am short) up so I could see the show because the square tilts down a bit and the stage was not far enough up for me to see. After a while, my knees started to hurt because I was at an odd angle and I could not get my knees to be straight so that they were slightly bent for more than an hour. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable event.

My friends and I wanted to grab a pint but all the pubs were packed so we had to give up after a while. So I went home and had a quiet evening after that.


posted by Chris  #7:45 PM | 0 comments |