<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Well, I gave a talk today to the Scottish Place Name Society at Heriot-Watt University which is outside Edinburgh. I think the talk went alright. My friend went first to describe the nature of the project that I have been working on generally for a while. Then I talked about the theoretics of databases and the design concept of third normal form in a database. I then showed them some of what I have done both in a web page form and in raw SQL. I think it went over alright. I am not sure that I presented it in the best way though.

Also, my Scottish friend just got her higher qualification in library science so after I got done with my talk, I had to run across town to catch her at her party, which was great. We are all very proud of her. Otherwise, I hope to have a quiet day tomorrow and then back to the thesis.


posted by Chris  #8:39 PM | 0 comments |