<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 05, 2007

Well, I went to the official opening concert of the Carrying Stream Festival and it was a cracking night. Great music, both traditional Scottish and American blues. I never knew until I moved to Edinburgh how much the Scots really enjoyed American Blues music. It was a pleasant surprise and I learned more about the Blues here in Scotland than I ever did in the States. I went with a friend of mine and we had a very good time listening to all the great music. Unfortunately, it was a memorial concert for Ian MacKintosh who was a Scottish Folk musician. I had never heard of him but he must have been a great person and musician for everyone to have great things to say about him and his family.

Otherwise, my weekend was quiet. I went on a walk with a friend and then we watched the Sunday football match at the pub. Now I am back to work on my thesis (editing and inserting missing references mostly). I will probably throw it over to my supervisors soon for some feedback.


posted by Chris  #3:00 PM | 0 comments |