<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 23, 2007

I have a program which reminds me to write on my blog every so often. The problem is that there is not much going on right now. Most of the UK is celebrating Christmas. I always get asked if I am going home for Christmas and I know that many Americans do indeed go home this time of year. I always chose to stay. This confuses many people but, honestly, it is too expensive to travel this time of year and I hate 19 hour flights (this includes layovers and going through security and customs). By the time I get home, I am in no mood to deal with anything. On the other hand, if I stay here, I save money and the hassle. This is especially important since I am on basically a fixed income and I have to watch everything that I spend. This coming year I may also be finishing my PhD and moving away so I will need money to do that as well.

Anyway, my flatmates are all gone either on vacation (one is in Cuba with her family) or home. This makes it very quiet in the flat these days. Not exactly a bunch of stuff going on. I am going to meet a friend for pints this evening at Bell's.


posted by Chris  #3:37 PM | 0 comments |