<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Well, my thesis defense is now set for the 29th of July. I have no word on what the time on that day will be just yet but probably in the morning sometime. I would rather get it over with as quickly as possible on the day.

Anyway, I did not get the job in Ireland like I wanted, which means that I will be in Scotland for the foreseeable future. I do not see myself returning to the US anytime soon. I have created a life for myself here in Edinburgh and I want to stay close to where I see the action happening. My degree is about the people of the Western edge of Europe and I would like to stay as close as possible to them. This is also in part a political decision as well. As much as I like the current presidential candidate, I have lost confidence in the American system of government and the direction that America is taking in the world. Also, I feel, in many ways, more comfortable here than I ever did in the US. I will probably go back as I have a few personal things to which I need to attend but otherwise I see my future here in Scotland or, in more general terms, Western Europe.


posted by Chris  #6:18 PM | 0 comments |