<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Here is an American woman commenting on British (read English) drinking habits (read problem). I have to say that I am often called pejorative names because I can't drink all that much nor do I drink to complete insensibility (although, I have on occasion). I do have a question though: is it really a problem? They have been doing this since before my parents lived in the UK (they have more than a few stories to tell. Mostly, about swimming in the North Sea at night). Most Europeans have a very similar attitude towards drinking. As I come from the States, I can sometimes get uncomfortable with it and triply so with the drunk freshmen outside my window at night. However, they seem to function and in any case, Franklin once said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."


posted by Chris  #4:18 PM | 0 comments |