<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I had my meeting with my professor today. We had a quick look at the text that I told you about earlier and we decided that it was pretty important. It is the one text in which Fíthal is in an active state and has dialog with characters other than Cormac. I am going to need to look more closely at the Book of Fermoy where the story appears because there are a number of frustrating gaps in the edition, such as it is. We might be able to reconstruct some of the missing information. This means that I am going to need to change some of my conclusions. Hopefully, it will make my conclusion stronger but I need to get a proper translation and see if I can fill in the gaps. My professor has offered to help in this. I would not normally need it but speed is of the essence so I can integrate it properly into my thesis before the end of my PhD.


posted by Chris  #9:39 PM | 0 comments |